After ten years of work on the theme of cross-sectoral cooperation under the Water Convention, the Task Force on Water Food Energy Ecosystems Nexus is holding its eighth meeting. The purpose of the meeting is to review the work completed to date, talk about upcoming projects included in the Water Convention’s 2022–2024 work program, and talk about the Task Force’s future within the upcoming 2025–2027 work program.
Experts from the public and commercial sectors, non-governmental and international organizations, and other interested parties are welcome to attend the meeting.
The 8th meeting of the Nexus Task Force will focus on:
1. Taking stock of the 10 years of work on water-food-energy-ecosystems nexus under the
2. Financing cross-sectoral solutions: multi-benefit and multi-source investments;
3. Mainstreaming nexus in global climate and environmental processes of cooperation;
4. Discussing the potential of transboundary water cooperation for the energy transition;
5. Summary Handbook on Water allocation in transboundary contexts including new examples;
6. Discussing the future of the Task Force.
1: Opening and adoption of the agenda
2: Taking stock of 10 years of nexus work under the Water Convention
3: Financing and cross-sectoral cooperation: multi-benefit and multi-source investments
4: Discussing the key role of transboundary water resources for the clean energy transition
5: Mainstreaming nexus in global climate and environmental processes of cooperation
6: Water allocation in a transboundary context
7: Discussion on the future of the Task Force
8: Next steps
9: Other business